LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Friday 4 November 2011

Sweet Smell of Angels

So the last few weeks have been a SERIOUS ROLLERCOASTER...
Here goes J in Hospital for her spider bites, then C in hospital for Bronchial Pneumonia, me starting a new job, hubby settling in his new job, having a wonderful fundraiser at barnyard (CRESTA), going to see Kings of Leon and finally this week culminating in J having about a 8cm cotton-wool something being pulled from her left nostril by her teacher...

Tomorrow we off to SIN CITY for a night, and then I fly to cape Town for training for a week with my new company.

It feels sometimes that the world has stopped and I keep turning...almost like the spinning Horsie does to regulate. I feel at times so out of control and yet...having to play warrior!

What amazes me is what an impact our Horsie has on people.
At the Barnyard - I gave a little speech (so unusual for me...NOT) I feel my little crusade that education, tolerance and above all UNDERSTANDING is so important it surpasses all else...and feel in every opportunity MY IN BRED INSTINCTUAL NEED to share, to share our life, our challenges, our fears our triumphs...and in for this reason why I blog (well and selfishly its cathartic too.)

An unknown who attended the barnyard last week, not part of OUR 140 STRONG CROWD was so moved by C and our story, that he donated there and then with TEARS in his eyes, now nothing nothing comes close to seeing a grown man who is not related, tears in his eyes saying how he is moved by us...BY US???WOW!

And then another stranger... did the same...

It just makes me realise and breathe in the sweet smell of angels...all around us in all shapes and forms.

And just like that night, this week again confronted with a sweet angel in the form of ladybug's teacher who all on her own managed to pull out some "cotton-wool" like thingy from my child's nose...I was beginning to think, NO I did think...that October was HELLOWEEN month for us, both kids in hospital in one month...ABSURD!!! Teacher even said, "NO MORE hospitals - Its November!"

One comparison I can make after this little experience, is that the lazy boy chairs at Flora are much more new comfy and better, than the ones at Olivedale although both hospitals were so great! Our doctors well -angels!!! Thank you!!!

So you will for give me for having some "radio silence" as good blog friend of mine describes...

We were just taking in the sweet smell of ANGELS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers