LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Wednesday 16 November 2011

LIfe's Quirks

Ok so I do not for the life of me remember it being this HOT when we were small!
I have been on training in Cape Town and the weather was glorious (although some will beg to differ with me). You see I still think I should have been a NORTHERN HEMISPHERE girl...I enjoy a bit of cold...
In fact I HATE BEING HOT!
I sweat, I smell, I feel like I am going to overheat (COMBUST) and I ALMOST LOSE my mind...and with my training in the beautiful Cape...(which included lots of interesting information on serotonin and dopamine) I began to wonder if returning to GAUTENG was best idea in terms of my state of mind...

I mean the heat on the weekend was UNBEARABLE...so much so that I began to feel as if I was losing the few firing neurons I had left. The kids were hot, listless and irritated, and as a colleague of mine said, "beneuked and bedonerd." (love the Afrikaans language its just so descriptive, rich and to the point! - hope I spelt that right)

And when I am HOT and bothered and IRRITATED...this does not bode well for the rest of the family.
I was stressed...
Having spent an entire week away from home (NO NOT A HOLIDAY - please let me remind you- it was training, intense brain saturating training) and not seeing the babies, hubby or the rest of my family (my sis, my mom dad etc) I am sure they expected this mommy, daughter, friend full of energy and happy, and all I was to be brutal, was HOT, UNHAPPY and sance energy!!

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE mix to an already stressed little ladybug and Horsie who just wanted all of me...missed me and needed some mamma love.

Sunday night came and I lost the plot...it was the end of a PHEW weekend, and
Scenes of Psycho (the movie) began running through my head...just 10 min of sleep, rest, NOTHINGNESS was all I was after...

And then this morning...the rude realisation of exactly why I felt so panicked and stressed, hot, tired, moody and just NOT me....HIT and it HIT HARD
HORMONES...(there it is again...that serotonin, dopamine etc etc)

Unforgiveable, unavoidable 28 day (sometimes more sometimes less) pattern to every women's life...

NEW NOVEMBER is here...gonna try run with it.. as soon as I get over these next few days...

LOVE YOU Horsie and BUG...mom will try to kick against her body's internal rhythm..and get to her good self again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers