LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Monday 19 September 2011

Splattering COUGHS

I hate it when my Horsie is SICK.
And not just cause I am a mommy who has to deal with the sick little body,
but because my Horsie cant TELL me whats= is wrong or sore or eina or painful.

So I act like doctor and try to sort his pain, try to help with his cough, try to get him to eat right and sleep well, and take all his nutrients. Its a guessing game at times...sometimes with me winning the loot and sometimes with me having to PAWN all my "possessions" to try to get to what the problem is.

I almost feel like I play a game of Russian Roulette - its a gamble...most times...
He had the tummy issue 2 weeks ago, last week it turned to the splattering coughs and sore throat issue, but I was prepared and armed with a Zithromax Script (GREAT ANTIBIOTIC 3 day course) usually this hits it...but we have finished the 3 day course and only now, does my Horsie's cough seem a bit loose, but its still there...still bothering him...to the point where he has been physically hitting his OWN HEAD AGAIN!

This drives me insane...and I have expressed this before...
I feel this is so destructive, almost going in reverse not progression and yet I know this is HIS ONLY form of communicating
MOMMY I AM SORE!!! IT HURTS!!!

But I still remain HEART SORE, that is what he has to do to "SPEAK!!!"
So...more Prospan? (Cough mootie as my mom calls it) Another doctor's visit? Higher Vit C and B and DMG dosing? What next?
THIS poor Horsie...
AND TOMORO is a BIG BIG day...
A consultation with Reva Fedigan - Speech and ABA therapist from the US of A...
2 hours...
and 3-5pm - suicide hours....
Please Lord let him be somewhat ok by then...
The assessment in itself will be exhausting nevermind adding the spluttering splattering coughs, and chest heaves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers