LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Tuesday 13 September 2011

PARTY PREP...

So today I need to FOCUS!!!
I need to start thinking about my Horsie's BIRTHDAY on THURSDAY and what creative nummy something I can come up with, without interferring too much with his special restricted diet but that also TASTES BETTER THAN CARDBOARD!

I mean its no jokes people, the GFCGFGF diet is CRAZY bland and my boy deserves something special THURSDAY for his 5 th BIRTHDAY...let me say it again - his 5TH BIRTHDAY!

I cant believe 5 years ago, I was what I believed the biggest hefferlumpiest (yes thats my own word) most complainy preggy lady, who couldnt wait to meet my little baba boy.
Its also been 5 years to the day, that we celebrated my Granny Ann's birthday at a prawn restaurant in the South, and where she looked me in my restless, achy boned, blary (sleep deprived already then) eyes, and said, "my girl you wont make the end of this week, you going to have that baby soon." even thou i was only 36.5 weeks...

I couldnt sit, I couldnt stand, little did I know I was already in labour, because when my little Horsie decided the morning of the 15th to make his awesome entrance I was already dilated, and ready to rumble, leaving it in GOD's hands, but he was breech and vertex, and he was coming quick. Suffice to say Daddy being the ULTRA cool calm man he is, even felt it necessary to brush his teeth while I GRITTED mine in contraction HOLY mother OMW this is *%*&^(*^& PAINFUL PAIN!!! So I got sliced, and at 3:30am Cullen Chris Cairns Croll was born...shame poor guy, look at those initials C.C.C.Croll

So as befitting for today on my Granny's Birthday, but who left this earth in February this year, to be in the company of a greater being, I say PLAN PLAN PLAN for Thursday, and give thanks for today, for without you Gran, I wouldnt be here, mom wouldnt be here, we wouldnt be who we are, and Cullen wouldnt be the absolute TEACHER of my life.

So here is to BROWNIES, CAKES or RICE Ice Cream for Thursday - lets see what magic hat I can pull them out of, and here is to a fantastic Granny and mom, who without their support, love, nurturing souls and absolute STRENGTH...

I would probably be LOST and peering out of some institutional window.
:)

1 comment:

  1. In order to post comments - and even I am technology phobic believe me - if you have a gmail account, opt for google option record your gmail details, and keep logged in, so you can make comments as per the blog post whenever you want to.

    Shout if that doesnt work...or if you need help. Maybe my friend, lionheart's mamma could impart her knowledge with regards to this - she is a sheer genius with these things!

    Much love everyone

    ReplyDelete

Followers