LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Monday 28 March 2011

SNOEZELEN???

So today was VERY VERY VERY informative - a meeting with Michele Shapiro (Ph.D. O.T.) from Israel and her Snoezelen Therapy.
Wow - it still amazes me how much I CAN still do for our Horsie...I mean just as you think...ok I have sort of the right things in place, we doing OT, we doing Speechie, daily we do diet and supplements, we doing special WIGGLES and Squiggles school, we are TRYING...here you go ** BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER**, with amazing insight and scientific research to back it up.

Snoezelen is a philosophy, it it a therapy it is a sensory room. I NEED ONE...I WANT ONE for Horsie and ladybug.

It is a room where Cullen can be HIMSELF (calm, open, receptive and accepting) and Ladybug well...she would love it just as much. There are specifics to this room, the lighting, the flooring, the walls, the ceilings in terms of accustics, there are bubble cyclinders (TANKS) for sensory stimulation, music, and so much more.

WHY SNOEZELEN? I mean who cares...well if you sit with Michele and you listen to her passion, which overflows in her research and her school and in her life, you will feel HOOKED...and will want one for yourself, your granny, your neighbour, your grumpy boss, your domestic worker, your mother-in-law but most of all for your children regular and special.

For HORSIE it would be soooo tranquil, calming, beautiful - a space where he can let go of everything that bombards him, irritates him, distracts him and focus on being, on learning, on breathing on acceptance, and on speaking for himself albeit it non-verbally...please check out her website - see my favourite links.

Which begs the question - is anything we set up -  ever enough for our children? AND lets COMPOUND that to A MILLION for our special NEEDS CHILDREN - phew....lots of work ahead and as a friend said today, who I havent seen in ages, "JUST LAY it in GOD'S HANDS!"

So tonight LORD I lay all my hopes, desires, wishes, needs and wants in your hands - you know my heart, my soul, my strength...empower and equip me...
AND PLEASE DONT FORGET on the top of my WISH LIST...

A Snoezelen room....
Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers