LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Tuesday 22 March 2011

Self-less inner strength, patience, compassion...still never ceases to AMAZE me - GRANDPARENTALS ROCK!!!

You know how when you are 15 years old and you think you  KNOW everything....you take your parents for granted, you think what do "they" know! JEEZ how I know NOW...what I should have known then...
SACRIFICE!!!!!
Our parentals sacrificed so much to make things easier, better for us...and I know I am doing the same for my little ladybug and horsie...but what amazes me is just how much their grandparentals are doing for them RIGHT NOW!!

My mom is some sort of saint sent by GOD with patience like....I dont know, what similie I would use but patience to INFINITY and BEYOND as buzz light year would say, and an incredible amount of selfless giving of her time, her strength, her compassion. Just to give you a small idea...my mom runs our horsie to our perserving awesome speech therapist twice a week, she takes him to our wonderful OT once a week, she also picks him up from wiggles and squiggles most days. She fights him daily to get him to have a small doo doo in the afternoon, feeds him, changes his nappy (which let me tell you is the BIGGEST sacrifice  as it is sometimes as often as 5 times in one afternoon and thats not wee wees) and she LOVES HIM!!! LOVES HIM LOVES HIM!!!

Poppels (my dad) well...he to has become the most fantatsic I CAN HELP grandparental.Always chipping in to help, swing, run,drive, catch and carry, organise and to LEAN ON!!! Where does this selfless lets be here for these kiddies and family come from...if raising my brothers and I was NOT enough, NOW to give even more of themselves to Horsie and Lady bug??? I just...phew...

It just leaves me WARM and fuzzy...and NOW I know I dont know everything....

BUT WHAT I DO KNOW...
I know mom and dad...you did your VERY BEST for me, for us kids...and
NOW you are as NEMO's daddy says "JUST KEEPING SWIMMING, JUST KEEP SWIMMING!"
You are part of what helps me just keep focus, just keep going, just hang in there...just keep swimming.

LOVE YOU MORE than you will ever know and more than I can ever say....
Although Horsie cant say it right now...he WILL...
YOU GRANDPARENTALS ROCK!
Couldnt SWIM without you

1 comment:

  1. My children and beautiful grandchildren are my reason for being - caring for you all is as natural as breathing. Our little horsie needs more attention right now, but this is not a chore, it is a priviledge, to know him and to see his progress is awesome! I just love it when he says doodoos nana!
    Love u all, NANA

    ReplyDelete

Followers