LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Wednesday 10 August 2011

When pigs fly...NO when time flies

I want to so much be able to blog more often - but it seems as if my day job is just NOT co-operating!
Anyway now that I have that off my conscious...I can tell you the real motivating reason I needed to blog today!!!

Yesterday Ladybug and I lay in bed and munched breakies (Cereal and tea) and we watched. "under the Tuscan Sun."I know ironic for Women's day...LOVE BEING IRONIC!  Ok so it is a real girlie 'coming of age or maturity" however you want to view it "chick flick."
And would you believe it ...
I CRIED...

Yes...
But...
Not for the reasons most women may cry in this particular movie...
But as is custom in every way...in every instance...I am reminded of just HOW DIFFERENT our lives are..my horsie's life is.

There is a particular part where (toward the end of the girlie pop movie) the main character realises the WISH she wished all along about having a wedding and raising a family in her Tuscan Villa, was now complete - but the tweak to this was that, it was NOT in the way she thought initially.

The same realisation dawned on me - wow - wow -wow!!

I mean here I was my entire life preparing for my Horsie, and for my ladybug - without ever fully realising it.
My psychology studies, my friendship with my cousin who has Autism (since we were babies ourselves), my career choice in pharmaceuticals, my interest in diet, food, supplements, my best friend (STN my sanity saver), my renovation of my house (all on one level, tiles and VERY CHILD FRIENDLY!) my family, my mother being 1m away if need be, the therapists Ive met along the way, the angels at Wiggles and Squiggles, the friends who I hold dear, EVERYTHING...

It all in that moment, as the movie character realised her life was what she wished for...but maybe not in the way she expected...it all, came flooding in...that was my life...

A life anything but what I imagined...a life where pigs MAY JUST FLY, where time is such a precious precious sacred INVESTED "jewel"..even more so with every passing day!

Horsie is turning 5 soon..
5

When time flies...
Let this next YEAR...allow HORSIE to fly...
Potty TRAINED and communicating basics...
Now let that be MORE than I imagined...let that be my Tuscan Villa my happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers