LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Sunday 28 August 2011

Broken Boobie

One of the MOST excruciating pains of having our HORSIE is the occasional boob BITE!!!!
Let me tell you...ok some of you may be laughing so hard you cant read any more...
but let me tell you...it HURTS DAMIT!!!

I am on boobie bite number 4!!!!
Somehow Horsie manages to bite down hard either just on the softest of my boob flesh or
even once on my nipple.
Now for an almost 5 year old...(Horsie is 5 in 2 weeks) this ain't pleasant!!!

What is even less pleasant is not the blood pouring or oozing depending on the severity and depth of his gnasher bite...
Its my total OVER REACTION...
I am shameful...it is shameful...
I know our boy does this in times of PAIN, stress, excitement or exhaustion...
and you would think by the 4th bite I would be able to resist my over reaction...
and NOT Swear...not feel completely HURT and feel sorry for myself...

But no...I think even if it was the 29th time...I would hurt.
And not just physically (it takes a few days to heal - and it looks nothing like a love bite or "hickey" as we all used to call it - but it hurts emotionally too.

It hurts because again...I have to confront the fact that our horsie does pain, does have stress, does get over tired, over excited and instead of being able to TELL ME, SCREAM AT ME - he BITES...how ironic that its the boobie bite that is most painful, almost like he intuitively knows, that is my real SOFT SPOT!

I don't know what was bothering Horsie today, but he was a tad bit aggressive...which is not him usually...
A common issue with children with Autism is GI PAIN (Colon, gastro- intestinal pain) and I suspect that is what it was...how excruciating...
I eventually gave him a voltaren suppository to help him - for relief - he cant take any panado only ibuprofen or voltaren.

He is resting now and seems happier than he has been all day...
And me...
Well I am nursing a broken boobie...
and my heart hurts a little too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers