LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Saturday 9 April 2011

TALKING and GONNA GET YOU GAME

TIRED...
Not because of Ladybug and Horsie who have been super good today...but tired because for a change
these last few days have been so FREEING...so Free in fact, that I feel a little more like the old "care-free" me, the me that doesnt worry constantly about Horsies progress, about what to do next (in the 10 million line therapy list), about Ladybug and her emotional, physical, cognitive development, about finances, about "WORK/LIFE/HOME everything FRIKKEN BALANCE, about when we might get to go on a really awesome holiday, about when there may be a gluten free, sugar free, wheat free, gliadin free, egg- white free, diary free cafe open with OT type equipment for Horsie to play on while I sip away at my new addiction in the form of de-caf cuppuchino...so just a little FREE of some of that....

Why do I feel free?
Well for starters...I do not know...
It may have to do with STN? (Sister Thrusday Nights, of which is an entire blog on its own-which ofcourse has become my survival weekly tool) or that a certain night with good friends made me realise just how far removed I have been from my authentic self (sound "oprahish" but so true), or that my mom (nana) our hero had some awesome feedback for us Friday.

Nana who has been on Horsie holiday DUTY for the past 2 weeks (boy does she need Urbanol and a looooong solitary holiday lol)...had the most wonderful "TALKING" day with our dude
on Friday. She sent me this sms at 11am Friday morning:

"Culley Just too clever he said "Kyou"(THANK YOU) this morning when I gave him his flapjacks and now in the shower, he clearly said HAPPY - he's been in there for 15 minutes already!"

Ok so I ask you...is there any better message any mamma could receive than THIS?

Wow wow wow! TAlking progress...and our speechie agress. She says horsie has had a break through...leaves me feeling WARM and FUZZY and appreciative.

So Free, free because I want to start acknowledging that MAYBE just MAYBE just in the far side of my heart I am allowing myself to begin to believe just a little that...we are slowly getting our beautiful HORSIE back...that just MAYBE we CAN ease his frustration, and believe that the power greater than ourselves is teaching us to TRUST and LET GO....BE FREE!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. oh and tonight - while winding down - we played the usualy old run of the mill - mamma gonna come get you game. where I call myself the ticky monster and Horsie has to "run away" before I get him....

    Well would you believe TONIGHT is the actual FIRST TIME he has "run away" in anticipation of being tickled by his mamma...wow wow wow!!!

    NEVER DONE that before...small miracles...BIG BLESSINGS!!! Still stunned.
    M

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pleased that you're seeing some progress in the speech department! Dr Aduc has just convinced us to get Trav in speech therapy, which I'm not so sure about... but reading this blog makes me think we should give it a go! It must feel so good to be able to communicate :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers