LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Saturday 30 April 2011

SMOOCHEROOOOSSSS

SMOOCHES from our Horsie has not always been easy to come by...
Autism has a way of taking those precious moments away from you SLOWLY and Heart breakily (If that is even a word). We lost our Horsie for a while...when it came to hugs and kisses...he would push us away...be almost REVOLTED by the possibility of it...
BUT the last few weeks there has been a change...

Horsie now when asked for a KISS gives it freely albeit quickly...
YAAAAAY!!!

But today he smooched without asking...he walked up to me and slid onto my lap and gave me a big kiss...we were spending some quality alone time watching DUMBO (one of his all time favourites...)
on my bed in my room...CHILLING...and it was sooo unexpected but...he did it!!!!

BIG LIP SMACKING SMOOCH!!!

This was the second time in 2 days...the night before I even got some TONGUE he he he he...

My ladybug...she is a smoocher of NOTE...anyone that knows me would easily say..."takes after her mother." She is such an angel pie...says I LOVE YOU so quick and with such conviction...so precious...

SMOOCHEROOOOS...
So thankful Horsie and Ladybug CAN give them....

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Sorry, my previous comment had loads of spelling mistakes!) In the Lionheart's 3-and-a-half years, I can count the number of times he's kissed me, freely, on one hand. Four times! But that doesn't stop me from stealing kisses 50 times a day, ha ha! I don't think regular parents could imagine what it's like NOT to get a kiss from their little ones... and despite that, still love our special kids with such a depth and breadth that it takes our breath away! Three cheers for Horsie!

    ReplyDelete

Followers