LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Thursday 19 January 2012

We survived!!!

Almost every 6 months Horsie gets to be the fortunate or unfortunate human pin cushion...

We get bloods taken to check all sorts of goodies/baddies, and plain and simple FBC (Full blood count) to see if our supplementation is on track, and where we can tweak, and where we add or take away.

If I took a photo of the supplements Horsie was on when we first started this challenge...it would be chaotic, and Dr Lindenberg has really tried her utmost to streamline the "SMOOTHIE" packed with everything in the morning and evening!

So every 6 months or so in addition to any other FREAKISH accidents or happenings...I go into WARRIOR MODE, to try salvage what is left of my heart, in order to get through this whole blood taking process.

You see Horsie is NOT too keen on being strapped down, held down, sat on, arm held straight and tight, and basically harassed in order to get between 10-20ml of blood for testing! In fact he becomes HULK...only he turns red not green, with anger and seems to generally not want to be around his transgressors (me usually) for a long while - while he gets over this FORCED blood taking procedure!

And all this...makes me CRINGE! Its as if the that doom music, you find in some of the old horror films, plays continuously in my head, and with each hour before the impending doom, it gets louder, and my heart beats faster, because ME...mommy, must knowingly, forcefully, unhappily hold my own boy down, sweating, kicking and screaming whilst, they prick him, and extract his beautiful life blood from him.

I HATE IT!!!

My heart shatters every time...and it takes me MUCH longer to get over it, than Horsie.

HE is courage on FIRE!!! He bounces back, and is so resilient. HE is my super hero!
So once we leave, the blood is drawn, and we head home...

My heart starts to recuperate just in time for the next blood sucking, heart wrenching test!

Nothing like it!

But we survived this round!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers