LIVE NOW - NO OPPORTUNITIES WASTED!!! LIVE in the NOW!

Every day more and more children in South Africa are born with Autism.



Cullen was born 15 September 2006...



Children with Autism dont show emotion, dont make eye contact, dont play, dont interact, often have problems with Speech and fine motor control...



Cullen continues to challenge himself and conquer all of this...



The Challenge - SPEECH and FINE MOTOR CO-ORDINATION, MORE PLAY, MORE INTERACTION...







Follow our journey, our challenge, our triumph, our lives...



Wednesday 13 July 2011

IN AN INSTANT - A REMINDER - WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL

Well well...
No-one really knows this...
The starting point of this blog...
How it began...

It began just after I lost my granny in FEBRUARY this year...
THE MOST GRACIOUS YET STRONGEST (both in soul and mind - nevermind physical) WOMAN I know besides my mommy...
Loosing Gran so suddenly to a stroke...really made me realise YET AGAIN that WE are so NOT in control - yes we can control our daily decisions but ultimately we do not know when...we will go...and whether will be ready to go...

So a blog has offered me an opportunity to share my gorgeous children and our challenging fun filled time together.

Yesterday...a 7am phone call resulted in my "pa" grandfather being eventually admitted to ICU - a heart attack...and for me yet another instaneous reminder of JUST HOW MUCH WE NO HAVE NO CONTROL OVER many many many things...like...a heart attack.

Yes we can eat well, we can go for check ups, exercise, live well with intention and be good souls (ALL THE MAGAZINES and HEALTH PROGRAMMES PREACH IT TO US), but when your heart is broken after losing your partner of 57 years...well then your HEART is literally broken...and that WE DEFINITELY CANT CONTROL!!!

So in the midst of a HUGE WORK WEEK of BUDGETS ETC ETC ETC...a reminder...again...

LIFE IS PRECIOUS...

TREAT IT WITH RESPEC ,WITH LOVE, WITH THE UTMOST APPRECIATION!!!

So I begin by saying how much I appreciate my horsie and my ladybug...
What a different life I am living...
How lucky to be apart of their beautiful lives and share in their souls...

My little horsie satrting HORSIE LESSONS on Monday...and this is WONDERFUL...its call HIPPO therapy although nothing to do with big stomping HIPPOS...and everything to do with stability, the motion of a Horse and the therapeutic effects of riding...

The riding instructor (who I have yet to meet face-to-face) says she had a child who did not utter one word begin to speak with just a few lessons and talk to his CARROTS! (His Horse)

Now dont laugh... but my little Horsie's horse is called DILLY...ironic dont you think...

What is NOT Dilly is how much Cully loved this hour...he smiled from ear to ear...
This is a reminder of the small things...the things we are NOT IN CONTROL OF...but which we should value and be thankful for...

To end this post:
A BIG THANK YOU AS ALWAYS TO MY MOMMY WHO TEACHES ME EVERYDAY IN EVERYWAY HER SELFLESS STRENGTH...something I know she learnt from granny Ann...love you both like crazy and Pa NO giving the NURSES tooo much trouble in ICU...GET BETTER QUICKLY your ladybug and horsie missing you.

*HUGS and KISSES and love to all my friends and family always every day in every way*
Cliched...but hey...lifes' too short right now to come up with anything better at this moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers